Batons for Self Defense
Batons are a very effective psychological deterrent. They quickly will encourage many aggressors to seek out an easier "target."
Baton Rules and Regulations
Before purchasing a baton, you need to make sure it is legal in your state. An Internet search regarding baton laws or a call to your local Police Department can save you the trouble of sending it back.
Have you ever set out for a walk with the goal of just relaxing? Suddenly, an unfamiliar dog with its eyes wide open and teeth “showing,” stands between you and your destination. Aggressors come in all shapes, sizes, two legged and four legged.
Batons put a "buffer zone" between you and the attacker. These self-defense self-defense products range from 12 inches to 32.5 inches in length.
There are different names for a baton such as a truncheon, nightstick or Billy-club. Batons are, for the most part, made of wood, plastic or metal.
Effective batons for self-defense can save your life during an attack. These "impact self-defense products" require a degree of efficiency in their handling. Some of the different types of batons available are expandable batons, key chain batons; side handle batons, collapsible batons, an automatic baton, flashlight batons, stun batons, pepper batons, and key chain batons.
1. Expandable Chrome Steel Baton - ASP 26" BLACK/CHROME Foam Baton
2. Expandable Keychain Baton (black or silver) 12"
3. Keychain Batons - some people refer to kubatons as keychain batons
4. Side-handle Batons - Black Side-Handle Tonfa Control Baton 24" with Rubber Grip Padded Handle.
As a “blocking tool” the side handle baton allows the user to more comfortably and effectively shield against attack; using only one arm, a significant advantage over the straight baton.
5. Collapsible Batons - Smith & Wesson Collapsible Baton with hard-anodized steel which extends from the positive-gripping thermoplastic handles instantly when needed. These collapsible batons are well-balanced and strong. The durable 4130 seamless alloy steel tubing, strongly contributes to these well-balance telescoping batons.
The metaled Smith & Wesson Collapsible Batons have a HRC46-47 hardness rating and a tensile strength of 6638.78 lbf., and bending strength of 4055.84 lbf. The collapsible batons are made of thermoplastic polyester elastomer. The grip for these batons feature raised sections which delivers a trustworthy grip, every time its used. The heavy-duty nylon M.O.L.L.E holster makes for easy carry and provides protection for your baton.
6. Rapid Rotation Batons - only the rapid rotation baton is able to strike and defend quickly and confidently. The “rotator device” is “a fixed” to the handled portion of the baton. It allows the baton to rotate instantly to fit the hand and the arm for maximum defensive protection. The Rapid Rotation Baton measures - 23 ½ inches in length and weighs 1 pound. It has a “striking diameter of ¾ inch in diameter.” This is slightly thinner than most solid batons on the market. The small diameter guarantees more pounds of force per square inch on impact.
Firearm Safety Holster Technology by “RRB, Incorporated - developed the first safety holster for an impact personal protection device. These holsters hold the baton firmly against the officer's body and away from the legs, allowing you to wear the holster always. These holsters allow your hands to be free when entering or exiting a vehicle. The officer cans run, climb, or sit while wearing the Rapid Rotation Baton. The Rapid Rotation Baton is quickly loaded by pushing the baton into the break-away mold. It securely snaps into place. The retention straps hold the baton securely, so it cannot easily be drawn by any other than the officer who carries it.
To retrieve the baton the hand fits around the holster. With a quick break of the snap and a downward push, the baton is rapidly dispatched into a defensive shielding position, ready for defensive encounter.
7. The Automatic Expandable Baton can be stretched to its full length with just a push of a button. The baton preferred by security guards and law enforcement officials worldwide. Close Length - 8 ¼” - Extended Length - 21 inches.
8. Baton Flashlights - The Streetwise Barbarian 9,000,000 Volt Stun Baton Flashlight is made from Military Grade Aluminum Alloy. The exterior of this Baton Flashlight/Stun Gun was built to protect the interior components from damage, in an altercation with an attacker.
When the “Barbarian” ultra-bright baton flashlight is directly shined into the eyes of the attacker's eyes, it will cause them several seconds of disorientation and impaired vision.
The exterior casing for Guard Dog Titan Metal Baton Tactical Flashlight is made of Type III Aluminum Alloy. This stun baton can most certainly withstand a resounding hit against a hard surface when need be. The "Guard Dog Titan" is a 260 lumen tactical flashlight with 3 light functions.
- High beam ------- 260 lumens
- Low beam -------- 90 lumens
- Emergency strobe - 260 lumens
- 7,500,000 Volt Stun Baton
- Up to 100,000 hour bulb life
- Guard Dog Exclusive Concealed Inner Stun Technology™
The Streetwise Barbarian 9,000,000 Volt Stun Baton Flashlight and the Guard Dog Titan Metal Baton Tactical Flashlight - Stun Baton is two of the best Baton Flashlights/Stun Batons on the market.
9. Pepper Spray Batons
The Pepper Mace™ Batons and the ASP Defender Series Pepper Sprays incorporate a proprietary aerosol container, specially produced valve system, and patented dispensing mechanism. Mace Pepper Batons provide a low profile, yet devastatingly effective aerosol protection against attack. A "Pepper Mace Baton is a Kubotan with the added power of mace pepper spray.
The ASP Defender Series Pepper Sprays provide two million Scoville Heat Units of Oleoresin Capsicum protection from replaceable aerosol Inserts. The Defenders are available in three sizes and a variety of finishes.
The proprietary aerosol container and specially produced valve system of the ASP Tactical Defender provide straight line dispersion of Oleoresin Capsicum. The Defender attaches to any ASP Tactical Baton® providing improved control and increased retention. The safety requires two distinct movements for activation.
The ASP OC Spray Fusion Baton combines two essential law enforcement tools into a compact, easily carried, readily deployed tactical package. An ASP Expandable Baton is mated with a low profile OC dispenser or high intensity LED flashlight.
- Expandable: Yes
- Locking Mechanism: Friction Loc
- Expanded Overall Length: 21"
- Baton Tip: Standard
- Baton Finish: Electroless
- Grip Style: DuraTec
- Made in USA
10. Keychain Batons
A "closed position" expandable keychain baton measures 5 1/2 inches. The "Open position" key chain measures 12 inches. This expandable baton comes with a built-in keychain that makes it easy to carry on you always. To extend to an "open position" merely flick your wrist. The weight of this small size baton (9 ounces) does not take away from its high quality solid steel casing, which helps assure a heavy blow onto its target.
To retract correctly the baton, simply bang the tip onto a hard surface such as concrete, not wood flooring. Hold the baton so it is vertical (straight up and down) when hitting it on the ground, otherwise you could damage the baton.